Friday, June 25, 2021

#7 I'm Seeing Stars

In 2018 SLS Bee had a block challenge.  We each made requests of our Sisters in the Bee to make a certain kind of block for us.  The blocks would be revealed in December.  That year I asked the ladies to make me a block with a white and/or yellow star - with a black background.  Here are the original blocks I received.

This 7th Summer project involved arranging
these blocks in order to make a quilt top.  So I started like this:

I enhanced a few of the blocks...

The original block
Black background and bigger
points on the star added.

 And this one need some black background also...

This is the original block
Tried this to add
black background
Then I shuffled the
triangles...

 







I made a graph-paper plan for how to connect them. 

Now I need a couple yards of black material.

And I love walking into the quilting room and love Seeing Stars.







No comments:

Post a Comment