Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Back to Quilting

Hmmm.  It's been a long time since I have posted anything here!

Our Quilt Bee - Seams Like Sisters is having a CHALLENGE this year - a challenge to finish
Un  Finished Objects.  UFO's.

I have a realistic list that I will show you today. 
These are the things I want to complete by December 2023.


1. Brown.  
This is a block of the month with lovely batiks. 
The top is finished. 
The backing and batting are basted. 
The UFO part - quilt it and bind it


2. Brights! 
This is another block of the month - Brights & Black & White.
The blocks are framed and backed  for quilt-as-you go. 
The UFO part - quilt each block and connect them into a quilt, then bind it.



3. Old Shirts and Denim. 
These are patches 
I got at a garage sale. 
Pretty sure they are old shirts 
made into quilt blocks. 
I have backed them with denim 
to quilt-a-you-go. 
The UFO part -
quilt each block 
and connect them with chambray. 
Then bind it.











4. Straighten Up - And Fly Right!! 
I have this huge batch of flying geese sewn in sets of 4. 
The UFO part - move this from a bunch of little blocks - to a quilt top. 


5. Strawberries and Cream.  
This quilt top is finished.  The UFO part - baste the batting and the backing.  Quilt it. Bind it.











6. Stars at Night. 
This is from my sweet sisters in Bee.  Each made me a lovely yellow and white star.  I need to buy backing fabric.  The UFO part - baste the batting and the backing.  Quilt it. Bind it.




7. Batik Challenge. 
In 2015 Seams Like Sisters Bee had a challenge to make a quilt with one specific batik.  I had 'won' a charm pack of batiks - and used it to make this lovely top.  The UFO part - baste the batting and the backing.  Quilt it. Bind it.


8. Yo Yo. 
A friend from Bee let me adopt this amazing coverlet. 
The yo yos are all made from 1930's fabrics - and muslin. 
(AND It came with dozens of other circles, ready to be made into yo yos).
BUT. The stitching holding them together was failing. 
I am about half done re-sewing them together.  This is a hand project UFO.

9. Bright Sampler. 
This is another block of the month - Brights in stars. The top is finished.  The backing is ready.  The UFO part - baste the batting and the backing.  Quilt it. Bind it.



So.  This is my realistic list.
I just need to work at one each month....
That is quite a challenge.

Cathy H

No comments:

Post a Comment