Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Day 2 - Back to the 1980's

Boxes and Boxes in my closet!  One box in my closet was gifted to my daughter and me sometime in the 1990's.  We belonged to a small community group called "Quilt Chat" that met at the local library irregularly.  We found the group by accident one day when we visited the library.  And on one occasion someone brought a box with an un-finished Quilt-as-you-go Log Cabin. This was maybe our first Quilt rescue. It has been untouched for nearly 30 years!



I can date this quilt.
The fabric:       early1980's.  (Earth tones. Calico)
The technique: early 1980's. (Quilt-as-you-go... )
The batting:      early 1980's. (Polyester...)
Way it was cut: early 1980's. (No rotary cutters then)

But there are 20 blocks set in 5 rows, 4 in each row.
This should be a quick finish.

I will post pictures when it is complete!

CathyH




No comments:

Post a Comment