Friday, May 22, 2020

Twenty - Tea Time!

The Old Blocks I pulled out to work on for MAY 15 were quite a challenge.
I lacked OLD material to put these together.

I DID find some old muslin - but it was far too clean, far too white.
So...  it's TEA TIME!
Time to tea-dye some fabric to use with so many vintage blocks I have collected.


Here's a new way to look at a Pot of Tea


The Muslin is ready to take a bath..

Letting it soak.....

Mission Accomplished!!!


I found some old Quilt squares in a box in one of my closets ... Squares that used nice, old, cotton fabric (the PINK vase above) and then some other scraps (double knit, seersucker) that were not so appropriate for quilting.  I cannibalized those blocks so I could make little vases for my flowers.

I am still working on these blocks... and think the vase needs to be a little bit bigger. 
I MAY figure that out this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment