Friday, May 15, 2020

Fifteenth

Today I MAY consider this pile of lovely blocks.

These are orphan tulip blocks I adopted.

The three petals of each flower were foundation pieced onto paper with a machine.  I found tiny scraps of very old magazine paper.  It was brown, like maybe old newspaper would be, but it was shiny like the paper of a magazine. 

After the petals were sewn with strips of fabric onto paper, the three triangles were also sewn with the machine. 

Then the hand-piecing began.
The tips of the flowers were attached to the petals by hand.
The curved edge and the pointed petals were seamed by hand.
Then, last of all, the leaves and stem were appliquéd by hand.

I MAY add a flower pot under 9 of the blocks from some old fabric I have.
Then the quilt will be a rectangle, with one block to spare - that I MAY use on the back.


No comments:

Post a Comment