Friday, May 22, 2020

The Teens (16, 17 & 18)

It MAY be hard to keep touching another un-finished object every day.
Interesting that my rebellion against those guidelines come during the TEENS.

These are scrap blocks that my friends in the Quilting Bee made for me ... in 2014.
They each made me TWO 16-patch blocks from squares I had in my stash.

I put them together.....
32 16-patch blocks
31 Setting Squares (well - "X" shaped blocks...)
63 blocks in all

And then STALLED because it was not large enough for our bed.
STALLED for ... it MAY have been YEARS.


So for my MAY Challenge... I brought it out,
hoping it MAY Happen in one day.  Hoping to add enough blocks for it to fit on my bed.

It did not happen in one day - but it DID happen in my teens.
May 16, May 17, & May 18.

Now it has:
50 16-patch blocks ( I made 18 more)
49 Setting Squares (well - "X" shaped blocks...)( I made 18 more)
99 blocks in all.



And I added a 4 inch border all around.
DONE.
In MAY.


I MAY save up my pennies and take it to a long-arm Quilter. 
My little machine will not accommodate all this beauty.

I am happy to be soon be out of the TEENS.

No comments:

Post a Comment